A volunteer is a person who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
Are you that person?
Volunteers are special people who donate their time and effort to the patients, residents, families and staff of Halifax Regional Health System. For more than 50 years the hospital has benefited from the generosity of volunteers. In FY2012, 137 volunteers gave over 24,000 hours of service. We are a member of the Virginia Association of Hospital Auxiliaries and Volunteers.
Already a volunteer? Looking for your annual inservice?
View the handbook.
View/download TB Skin Test Screening Form
- Admission Balloons
- Ambulatory/Outpatient Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clerical support
- CARE Cart
- Cookie Cutters
- Customer Service
- Fund Raiser/Special Events
- Gift Shop
- ICU/Surgical Family Room
- Information Desk
- Mail and Newspapers
- Nursing Homes (Woodiview and MeadowView Terrace)
- Patient Access/Escort
- Pet therapy
- TLC Workshop (crafts and sewing)
In addition to the feelings of accomplishment and joy that come from helping others, volunteers at Halifax Regional receive:
- A meal voucher during shift of duty
- Discounts at the YMCA (after 6 months of service)
- Free flu shots annually
- TB test prior to start date
- Annual recognition events
Want to join our team? Members must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a membership application which includes a criminal background check and interview
- Participate in our two day orientation program
- Complete on-the-job training
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with Halifax Regional Health System call 434.517.3133.
Download an application.
Junior Volunteer Program
Junior Volunteer applications will be posted on March 24, 2014.
Halifax Regional's Junior Volunteer program is an opportunity for motivated and energetic high school students between the ages of 14 and 18 to experience work in a healthcare facility. Individuals wishing to apply must be able to provide their own transportation and be willing to volunteer at least one four hour shift per week.