Are you worried about depression?
Click here to view the Geriatric Depression Scale.
Sentara Behavioral Health Services provides day treatment services to adults and children between the ages of 6 and 17 years who are facing psychiatric, behavioral and emotional problems. Treatment goals are directed at raising the level of well-being of clients through high-quality comprehensive care. Under the direction of a psychiatrist and therapists, patients are helped to meet their individual goals. We provide mental health assessments, individual, group and family therapy, coping skills classes, and specialized programs for older adults. Sentara Behavioral Health Services also provides guidance about appropriate treatment options to anyone in the community with a mental health need.
Sentara Behavioral Health Services offers:
- Free initial assessment
- Integrated mental health assessments
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Coping skills classes
- Physician services
- Child and adolescent outpatient services
- Geriatric group therapy program
- Community outreach/education
Patients may be referred to Sentara Behavioral Health Services by mental health and human services agencies, hospitals, businesses, continuing-care facilities, family members, physicians, other professionals or by themselves. To arrange for a free confidential assessment, call 434.517.3651or 1.800.545.8332.
Sentara Behavioral Health Services is available to provide information regarding appropriate mental health referral sources in the community. Any individual or business with a mental health need may call Sentara Behavioral Health Services to receive guidance regarding appropriate treatment options.
Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services
- Services for children ages 6 to 17
- All services are provided by a licensed professional counselor
- Individual and family counseling
- Teen group therapy
- Groups for children in grades 1 through 3 and 4 through 6
- No physician referral needed
- All major third-party payors accepted
- Please call 434.517.3651or 1.800.535-8332 to schedule an appointment
Geriatric Group Therapy Program
- Group counseling for the older adult population
- Addresses life changes and adjustment issues
- Addresses loss of memory with brain stimulating activities
- Coping skill for loss of physical ability
- Sessions led by a licensed therapist
- Referrals accepted from physicians, community and self
- Accepts individuals experiencing early stage Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
Sentara Behavioral Health Services staff provides speakers to the community on a variety of mental health issues. If your group, club or organization is looking for a speaker, please call 434.517.3635.
Sentara Behavioral Health Services
504 Wilborn Avenue
South Boston, VA 24592