Purpose ● Vision ● Values
The PURPOSE of Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital is to provide the highest quality care based on the healthcare needs of the people we serve.
Our VISION is to be the leader in providing Person-Centered Care through a continuum of quality and cost effective services that improves general health and quality of life for the people we serve.
In seeking this Purpose and Vision, we commit to the following CORE VALUES:
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for our thoughts, words, and deeds demonstrating ownership in all that we do.
- Commitment – We dedicate ourselves toward the goal of meeting and exceeding the healthcare needs and expectations of those whom we serve.
- Compassion – We extend kindness, respect, and empathy to all whom we encounter.
- Enthusiasm – We are passionate about our work and strive to always present a cheerful and positive attitude to our patients, residents, and each other.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves to the highest ethical standard by focusing on doing the right thing at all times in all situations.
- Respect – We treat all others as we would like to be treated, with professionalism and dignity.
- Stewardship – We protect and safeguard Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital as a cherished community asset and together serve as an excellent corporate citizen.