Worried about the flu?
Halifax Regional reminds you to take the proper precautions:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to avoid spreading the virus
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people
At Halifax Regional Hospital we ask that during flu season you follow these guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding hospital visitation:
- Do not visit if you have a cold or any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, vomiting and diarrhea.
- We request that children are not brought to the hospital to visit.
We appreciate your cooperation and will return to our open visiting hours as soon as we can.
To learn more about the flu visit: http://www.cdc.gov